Monday, March 31, 2008

obesessions

Hi Simba,
I recently got two 3-month old kittens from a fostering agency. My little boy cat is extremely affectionate and follows me everywhere. The problem is that when I go to bed he jumps into the bed and licks my face and hair to the point that I have taken to hiding under my sheet and/or pillows when I sleep. When I pry him off of me and hold him back he just slinks through my hands, he’s just that small! I don't mind if he and his sister want to sleep on the bed with me but this has got to stop. I love the little guy and he's constantly purring while "bathing" me but I'm losing a lot of sleep as a result of it and don't want this behavior to continue. - Chrissy,

Dear Chrissy,

Cats and Kittens often lick as a way of displaying affection. It also reminds them of contact with their mother. However, in the case of your kitten, it could also be an obsession. Let me know how it goes. - Simba

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home